For weight gain, desi ghee advantage is a time-tested formula. A2 ghee contains a considerable amount of fat, making it a potentially powerful remedy for gaining extra weight for underweight people. But, how much desi ghee is good for health?
The easy way to gain weight is adding desi ghee to your diet, but it is not that simple a process. Unless you know the method to use ghee for weight gain, you may turn obese, and unhealthy weight gain may hamper your body’s wellness level.
Active lifestyle, regular exercise and a proper ghee diet are the three interrelated remedies to gaining weight in a healthy way. You should avoid eating desi cow ghee to be fat. It would more appropriate if you ate desi ghee to gain more energy and a healthy dose of dairy to gain weight.
To be healthy, it is important to have a body weight which should be proportionate to your height. Your ideal body weight depends on your age, height, and gender. Being underweight can be due to excessive physical activity, skipping meals, too much fasting, emotional stress, genetic factors, etc.
Unfortunately, most such people fall prey to unnecessary supplements and unhealthy junk food to put on weight. Ayurveda has solutions for everything and anything and you can follow Ayurveda to gain healthy weight naturally!
A2 desi ghee is an excellent source of saturated fat and calories, and it can increase your body weight. Mix one tablespoon of desi ghee with one tablespoon of sugar. Eat this mixture twice daily, at least 30 minutes before eating your lunch/dinner. Follow this routine for a month.
In some cases reduction in weight occurs due to a decrease in muscle mass, body fluids or fat. Reduction of weight also occurs due to improper diet or any illness. If you notice weight reduction unintentionally, it is recommended to you see a doctor for proper medical help. However, these people may like to increase their weight after some time.
Ghee is a rich source of butyric acid that helps to boost weight gain. It also maintains the coolness of the body. Consume half a spoon of ghee daily on an empty stomach, it helps in improving digestive functions by stimulating the secretion of gastric acid. Heat is aggravated in the body and pitta dosha is hot potency by nature. For effective results add ghee to daily food for a healthy body.
Here are some ways for adding homemade ghee to the diet for weight gain:
- Add a teaspoon of ghee casseroles after cooking or directly add to soups to wonderful taste.
- Heat the ghee and add half a teaspoon of cumin seeds to it and pour into fresh hot rice and salt it to boost your food nutritionally. This food will pair up beautifully with any gravy or sauce.
- Spread a bit of ghee on tortillas in place of butter.
How much ghee to eat in a day for weight gain?
Nutritionist Kavita Rastogi says that there should be 50 percent of the total visible fat allowance. Following are the proportion of ghee that one can take in a day:
- Adult men and women: 2 tsp/day
- Pregnant and lactating women: ~3 tsp/day
- 0-6 months (only mother’s milk)
- 7-24 months: 2-3 tsp/day
- Children (3-9 years): 2-3 tsp/day
- Adolescents (10-17 years) : 3tsp/day
Please consider that the above proportion of ghee, do not take into account the patients with different disorder conditions. Such patients should have to follow a customized regime as per their blood parameters.
Symptoms Which Shows That You Need Weight Gain Remedies
- Losing more than 10 % of your body weight within six months unintentionally
- Shortness of breath
- Unexplained changes in bowel habits
- Not feeling hungry or feeling full even after eating very little
- Feeling tired all the time
Desi Ghee is a saturated fat : Yes, it is but it is not like trans-fat. It has a unique chemical structure that makes the fat move from the stubborn area of the body. Including Ghee in your diet not only gives flavour to your food but ghee is also filled with many other benefits. Ayurveda has explained many medicinal benefits of A2 desi ghee.
Ghee as Remedies For Weight Gain :
Well if you are feeling that you are losing weight unconditionally without any illness or any such reason you may opt for a home remedy to gain weight. One of the easy ways to increase body weight is to take GHEE with sugar.
- Take 1 tablespoon of ghee and mix it with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Consume this mixture slowly on empty half an hour before lunch and dinner.
- Take this regularly for a month to see a visible weight gain.
Make sure you take a nap in the afternoon after having your afternoon meal, this will help you to gain weight.
You can increase weight by drinking a milkshake made from ashwagandha, hot milk, and clarified butter. Take 1 glass of hot milk. Add 2 tbsp ashwagandha powder, commonly available in ayurvedic herb stores. Add 1 tsp Ghee (clarified butter) and mix well. Drink twice every day. Do this for 1 month.
Bananas have a good amount of calories that will give you an instant energy lift and help you gain weight. Eat one to two ripe bananas for breakfast. Then drink a glass of warm milk, mixed with a little sugar and one teaspoon of Ghee(clarified butter). Follow this breakfast routine for a month.
Health benefits of desi ghee:
- Cow ghee increases the availability of enzymes that help your body detoxification.
- Ghee possesses antiviral and antibacterial properties, that make your health and your body fight against illnesses.
- Ghee has antioxidants that make you look younger, as it works an anti-wrinkle and anti-aging therapy so powerful.
- Ghee is the only dairy product, which is lactose and casein free.
- Medium-chain fatty acids present in Ghee are a great source of energy.
- Ghee helps to keep your digestive tract healthy; by improving digestive power.
- A limited quantity of Ghee in your roti, dal, and vegetables help weight loss.
- Ghee is also known for its Anti-allergic properties, makes it medicine for allergies, arthritis, and autoimmune conditions
- Ghee is good for our digestive system, eyes, bone, skin, and hairs; but all the benefits of Ghee can be enjoyed when you are using Pure Desi Cow Ghee.