Ayurveda is the ancient Hindu system of medicine, which is based on the idea of balance in bodily systems and uses diet, herbal treatment, and yogic breathing. More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life. In ayurveda Ghee is considered to have many medical values Like :
- Ghee help people to get better digestion improved immune system and cure vat-pita dose as well.
- Ghee has a high smoke point, which makes I appropriate for cooking.
- Ghee is Rich in Fat Soluble vitamins A, D, E. Ghee is the only dairy product which is suitable to individuals which are Casein and Lactose sensitive.
- Ghee contains another one of the fat-soluble vitamins, K2 is essential for the body to help utilize minerals, including calcium. In fact, studies show that Vitamin K builds bones better than calcium.
- Ghee made from Grass –fed cows contains Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), which lower cholesterol and high blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and actually lower body fat.
- Ghee contains butyric acid, is a short-chain fatty acid that acts as a detoxifier and improves colon health.
- Ghee support weight loss, it provides us Energy from medium-chain fatty acids, which actually burn other fats in our system, leading to weight loss.
Apart from the above benefits of Pure Cow Ghee, Ghee helps us to improve brain functions and have a healthy brain development. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is an omega-3 fatty acid that is a primary structural component of the human brain, cerebral cortex, skin, and retina. DHA content was significantly higher in ghee prepared by traditional hand churned method.
This is the reason why pregnant mothers in rural India are given lots of ghee during last trimester (because of high demand of DHA in womb while brain formation is going on)
That is all about the DHA in ghee. Ayurveda believes ghee contributes to longevity, protects the body from various diseases. In addition, ghee is believed to improve absorption of fat soluble nutrients, nourishes and lubricates the joints, improves memory (the DHA connection) among other benefits. Ghee contributes to all this because of antioxidants and essential fatty acids. But you can get all benefits of Ghee, if you are using pure desi cow milk ghee from grass feed cows.