Ghee is found everywhere in Ayurvedic medicine and Indian cooking alike. An aromatic substance that is solid at room temperature and melts into a liquid as it warms; ghee is made by boiling off the milk solids from unsalted butter, leaving only the golden oil behind. In Ayurveda , it has high importance for its medicinal qualities and immunity boosting qualities. Ghee when used with other medical herbs, helps in smooth functionality of our body and system and also help to cure various diseases.
Health Benefits of Ghee
- Energy Enhancer: Medium chain fatty acids present in Ghee are useful for body and can be processed by liver a burnt as energy. The burnt energy we need to do our daily work, play or labour.
- Immunity Booster: Ghee is considered to be a powerful combo food with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits which promote an alkaline environment in the body, which help body to protect it again any disease due to climate change.
- Anti–Allergic properties: Ghee possesses powerful anti-inflammatory agents making this a necessary medicine for allergies, arthritis and autoimmune conditions. People have allergy to dairy products can consume Ghee without any problem, since it is lactose and casein free.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Ghee Reduces Inflammation. Ghee is a rich source of butyric acid that is a short-chain fatty acid. This acid is connected to an immune response that can help in lowering inflammation and improving the digestive system. Ghee also aids in the stimulation of stomach acid secretion, which, in turn, helps with the proper digestion of food. It does not slow down digestion like other fats such as oils and butter do.
- Antioxidant properties: Ghee has a high content of antioxidants. It helps in increasing your body’s ability to absorb vitamins and minerals from other foods that you consume. This, in turn, keeps your immune system strong.
Ghee is good for our digestive system, eyes, bone, skin and hairs; but all the benefits of Ghee can be enjoyed when you are using Pure Ghee.
As mentioned in IndiaToday ghee can benefit your health in the most amazing ways. It is helpful in reducing accumulation of toxins found in metals like lead and mercury. According to gomataseva.org, it is also one of the best substances to prepare the body for internal detoxification, or what is called Panchakarma in Ayurveda.
Applying a thin layer of ghee to the inner wall of your nostrils will prevent the entrance of pollutants present in the air you breathe. Called Nasya Karma, this practice also clears the nasal passages, thus preventing congestion, suggests ayurvedaplusworld.com. This, in turn, will save you from contracting diseases like asthma or other respiratory disorders, especially at a time like this.
Ayurveda also recommends daily application of ghee in your nostrils. According to ayurvedaplusworld.com, the Nasya treatment helps improve breathing patterns by clearing the respiratory tract and relaxing the muscles, thereby inducing tranquility.