- Buffalo Milk : 100% more fat content than cow’s milk; can be preserved for longer .
- Cow Milk : Lower in fat than buffalo milk; preserved for less time.
- Buffalo Milk :Buffalo milk is extremely rich in calcium, and is a good source of minerals like magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Cow Milk :Cow’s milk is rich in a variety of minerals, vitamins, and proteins, It is also an excellent source of calcium.
Health benefits :
- Buffalo Milk :Less cholesterol, more fat, more calories. It is good for healthy bones, dental health, cardiovascular health, and weight gain.
- Cow Milk :More cholesterol, less fat, fewer calories. It is beneficial for healthy bones, dental health, reducing obesity in children, protection from thyroid diseases, and cardiovascular health.
- Buffalo Milk : Produces thick and creamy dairy products suitable for the manufacture of traditional milk products like yogurt and cottage cheese (called “paneer” in South Asia), as well as indigenous milk products like khoa and ghee.
- Cow Milk :Dairy products: curds, sweets, cheese – but less thick and creamy
Top consumers and producers :
- Buffalo Milk: Buffalo milk is popular in South Asia (India, Pakistan) and Italy.
- Cow Milk :Cow’s milk is consumed all over the world, including regions that also consume buffalo milk.