Desi cows are breeds of cows common to India (and Africa) which produce milk rich in A2 proteins, which are purportedly more digestible for humans. Pure Cow ghee is yellowish cream in color whereas buffalo ghee is white. Cow’s milk is better than buffalo’s milk as it is lighter and has less phosphorus which makes the absorption of calcium easy.
The same carotenoid is also found in veggies like carrots. People like their table butter yellowish, thus dairies use the same carotenoid or annatto (another natural colouring pigment) for imparting the same. Buffalo ghee is found in a few countries like India, Pakistan etc whereas Cow ghee is found all over the world.
Basic Differences Between Cow Ghee and Buffalo Ghee
- When compared to buffalo ghee, Cow ghee is good for children to reduce obesity and in protecting from many diseases like cardiovascular, thyroid etc
- Ghee made from milk of desi cow is yellow, light, has excellent taste and is best for health.
- Cow milk is lighter than buffalo milk, which is why the FAT content is less in Cow milk. Which makes Cow Ghee a little more costly than buffalo ghee.
- Cow ghee contains lots of minerals, vitamins A, E, K, calcium, and protein whereas buffalo ghee is rich in calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Buffalo Milk : 100% more fat content than cow’s milk; can be preserved for longer.
- Cow Milk : Lower in fat than buffalo milk; preserved for less time.
- Buffalo Milk :Buffalo milk is extremely rich in calcium, and is a good source of minerals like magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Cow Milk :Cow’s milk is rich in a variety of minerals, vitamins, and proteins, It is also an excellent source of calcium.
Health benefits :
- Buffalo Milk :Less cholesterol, more fat, more calories. It is good for healthy bones, dental health, cardiovascular health, and weight gain.
- Cow Milk :More cholesterol, less fat, fewer calories. It is beneficial for healthy bones, dental health, reducing obesity in children, protection from thyroid diseases, and cardiovascular health.
- Buffalo Milk : Produces thick and creamy dairy products suitable for the manufacture of traditional milk products like yogurt and cottage cheese (called “paneer” in South Asia), as well as indigenous milk products like khoa and ghee.
- Cow Milk : Dairy products: curds, sweets, cheese – but less thick and creamy
Top consumers and producers :
- Buffalo Milk : Buffalo milk is popular in South Asia (India, Pakistan) and Italy.
- Cow Milk : Cow’s milk is consumed all over the world, including regions that also consume buffalo milk.
Why is the desi cow ghee beneficial for humans?
It’s a myth that the modern generation in India does not like ghee, rather health freaks are quite aware that in today’s hectic lifestyle regular and moderate consumption of cow ghee works like a natural medicine.
Indian breed cow’s ghee is believed to be the best for human consumption. It is full of nutritive qualities and the ideal diet for heart patients who suffer due to excessive cholesterol in their blood.
Its regular consumption increase physical and mental strength keeps the body healthy and increases the potency of the body. It is not only nutritious but also helps to remove impurities from the body. It also contains significant levels of vitamins A, E, and D.
Although some people think of fats as unhealthy elements of your diet, the body also needs fat to function. Omega-3s (monounsaturated fats) are healthy forms of fat that may be found in ghee, in addition to other fatty acids like conjugated linoleic acid and butyric acid, both of which have positive health benefits in the body.
Benefits of cow ghee
- Treats Menstrual Problems: Ghee is useful in balancing the hormones in the body. This makes it a perfect contender if you’re trying to alleviate menstrual issues like PMS and irregular periods.
- An Appetizer: Ghee consumption automates an appetite in kids and adults alike. This is often one more reason to feature it in your child’s food.
- Enhances Taste: Ghee helps in enhancing the taste of any dish that it’s added to – a bowl of dal becomes tastier by topping of ghee.
- Positive Food: Ghee detoxifies your body and helps cleanse your body of harmful stuff. it’s one in every of the foremost sattvic foods for consumption.