Desi ghee has been used for ages for cooking purposes. The main reason for that, ghee has a high smoke point. This makes ghee excellent for sautéing and frying. Apart from cooking ghee is used for garnishing our salads, rotis, rice and many other dishes.
A dash of cow ghee is being used for a healthy touch to our regular food so that one can get cow desi ghee benefits while having his/her daily food nutrition.
We must add a spoon of desi cow ghee in our daily life to be healthy. As ghee keeps us lubricated, improve our digestion, concentration, give us strong bones, sharp eyes. Ghee usage is not limited to eating. Ayurveda also described Cow Ghee Benefits if we use it as medicine or use as bath oil or massage oil.
Ayurveda has mentioned cow ghee usage in many of its therapies like Nasya Karma, Netra Basti, Tarpan etc. The cleansing process—called “panchakarma”— is designed to reduce your symptoms and restore harmony and balance.
Desi cow milk ghee is very healthy. It helps to remove the soluble toxins in the fat. It only enhances the taste, but it makes the beneficial bacteria in your intestines precious is invented digestion and nutrients.
But excess of anything can be harmful. Pregnant women should avoid eating ghee in the first few months of pregnancy. Regular consumption of pure ghee enhances physical and mental strength and keeps the body healthy.
What Is Desi Cow Ghee ?
You can get cow ghee benefits only when you are using pure desi cow ghee prepared from grass-fed desi cow’s milk. Pure ghee can be obtained only by using the traditional bilona churn method. Though, the traditional ghee making process is a little lengthy; but you preserve the vitamins and all the properties as described by Ayurveda.
Cow Ghee is light, pure and does not become rancid for a long time. Desi cow ghee is sweet in taste, cold in nature. It is considered soothing, soft, and oily. Cow Ghee is an excellent base for preparing Ayurvedic medicines.
Health Benefits of Cow Ghee
- Give us happy guts: Cow is an excellent medicine for disturbed stomachs. In case you are continuously facing a constipation problem, desi cow ghee is the best solution to it. Ayurveda recommends that if you have ghee with milk at the time of bed, this will clear your stomach in the morning; you will get beautiful hair and sharp eyes side too. Another remedy says to have a spoon of melted ghee first thing in the morning to keep your guts happy and digestion in order.
- Provides Essential Vitamins: Ghee is loaded with vitamins A, D, E, and K, all of which are fat-soluble vitamins. These vitamins play an important role in the proper functioning of our bones, brain, as well as the heart. Ghee is also rich in healthy fat which helps us absorb these vitamins better.
- Provides essential Healthy Fats: Fats play a very important role in providing energy to our bodies. They are as important as protein and carbohydrates for our proper functioning. Some of the most important roles played by fat in our body are protecting our stomach wall against digestive acids, strengthening our nerves and skin, supporting our brains and nerves, and building cell membranes and strengthening them.
Among all the healthy fats ghee is best known to perform these functions with great ease as it consists of no hydrogenated oils, oxidized cholesterol, or trans-fats found in butter and other oils.
- We get strong immune system: With the age we start losing our Ojas (immunity). Ghee is super rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants help your body absorb minerals and vitamins from other foods which in turn help keep your immune system strong. Its powerful anti-inflammatory properties also make it an extremely powerful substance that helps fight diseases.
- Nourishes our Skin and Hair : One of the Gir Cow Ghee benefits is – it helps moisturize our skin and can be used as a body lotion, lip-balm, as well as a cuticle cream. Prevent our skin from aging rapidly by massaging your face with it every day. Likewise, if we massage warm ghee at our scalp and wash our hair with lukewarm water for at least 2 times in a week, we get healthy long, shiny, black hair.
- Good for small burn and inflammation: Ghee is having tremendous wound healing power. Ghee is a very good antidote for small burn and inflammation on skin. This will not only heal; but also lighten the scars.
Desi ghee massage is used to support the treatments of diseases, rejuvenating treatments (Rasayana) and aphrodisiac treatments (vajikarana). We do know from modern science that cow ghee is rich in phenolic antioxidants. It is good for the growth of all seven dhatus in the body (plasma, blood, flesh, bones, fat, marrow, semen) and is suited to people of every age.
Desi cow ghee makes all sensory organs more efficient, enhances the growth of hair and improves complexion and skin health. In particular, it aids in the formation of bones & facilitates healing of traumatic injuries, including fractures. Ghee is lauded for sexual vitality and for making nerve and brain tissue. Long a favourite of yoga practitioners, it lubricates the connective tissues & promotes flexibility. Since it has a particular ability to clear the manovaha srota (mental channel), it uses issued for mental diseases, namely epilepsy and psychosis.
Side effects of Ghee
Desi Ghee (the clarified butter) is known for its many benefits; however, hardly people talk about side effects of taking an overdose of ghee. Right, like any other thing Ghee do have benefits and side effects. Let’s discuss about the side effects of Ghee.
- For pregnant ladies, Ghee is beneficial just before Labour pain, however having Ghee in starting period of pregnancy could be harmful. That is why people advise not to have Ghee in starting months of pregnancy.
- Excess of ghee can cause indigestion and diarrhea. Since Ghee is a heavy food for our body.
- If you are suffering with cough and cold, than you must make a distance from Desi Ghee, as eating Ghee can cause more cough and situation can be more serious.
- Never take Ghee with honey; it is not good for your body.
- Unmixed ghee should not be taken in the event of the domination of Pitta specially when Pitta is associated with Ama.
- Ghee taken in this condition brings about paleness (Jaundice) in the body and may prove to be fatal by impairing the consciousness.
- If you complain of cold and phlegm, then avoid using ghee. Coughing begins to form cough and your problem can take a terrible look.
- If you feel that you have eaten more ghee then do not eat anything until ghee is completely digested. For this, you can consume lukewarm water every half hour.
Side effects of ghee on hair
Ghee is an all-natural product, which implies that it’s often safer to use ghee on your scalp and hair than many commercial ingredients and artificial compounds. But that doesn’t mean that putting ghee on your hair doesn’t carry the chance of potential side effects.
If you apply ghee to your hair and scalp, you’ll notice:
- clogged pores on your scalp or scalp acne
- hair loss
- hair that appears oily
- hair that’s at risk of getting tangled
- hair that’s harder to style
After applying ghee to your hair, you ought to not try and use heat to style your strands. Like several styles of oil, ghee can heat your hair strands and really burn your hair if it becomes too hot.
Also, be aware that ghee contains no lactose. It’s been removed through the distillation process. This means that whether or not you’ve got a dairy sensitivity, you will be able to use ghee on your hair. This may vary from case to case, so confirm you treat a patch-test on your scalp before doing a giant application of ghee to your entire head.
Drive Utility from Ghee for Hair Health
Team up with Ghee to get the benefits for hair health, it is recommended to use ghee as a hair mask.
Utilizing ghee as a mask for hair is quite easy. Try to heat a few teaspoons of ghee for 10 seconds or less in the microwave, or just simply rub your hands against each other with ghee between your palms to get it warmed up. Make sure to massage the ghee directly to your hair, applying the coating efficiently to your scalp and any split ends that you might have.
Try to leave ghee on your hair for a few hours for deep nourishment, and try leaving it on for a longer time period the next time if you get the results. Resist things from turning too slippery, use a shower cap over your hair during the time the ghee sets in.
Once you are done with the treatment, rinse your hair with shampoo and wash thoroughly.
A meal which is a rich source of healthy fats and fatty acids implies that your hair will stay healthy in the long run. Combining ghee with your diet is a delicious substitute to butter. But consuming ghee as a supplement will not necessarily deliver a marked difference in the way that your hair looks.
There is not much research to recommend that applying ghee on your hair could be harmful for you. Make sure to keep in mind the hair type you possess and its tendency to maintain oil before you opt for an overnight hair mask that consists of ghee. Make sure to use ghee as a leave-in treatment for an hour or so to examine how your hair delivers results before you apply ghee on your hair overnight.
Regular consumption of pure ghee enhances physical and mental strength, and keeps the body healthy for people with cholesterol problems; ghee is a better option as compared to butter as pure ghee is lower in fat than butter. Because of lesser amount of fat in desi ghee, it is easier to digest.