Using ghee on the face overnight can be very useful as it goes into the skin and its fat gives a protective coating that can overcome dry skin. It also helps from dehydration of the skin and also from the cold, hot or windy climatic changes which in turn affects skin health.
Ghee purifies the skin and imparts a healthy beautiful glow. Ghee can be used to make a face pack to get glowing skin. Take some ghee and milk, and to this add gram flour (besan) and mix well.
Apply this paste on the face and wait for 20 minutes and then wash off your face with cold water. This face pack will add a beautiful glow to your skin. Therefore, in this way, we can get the benefit from ghee for the face and makes our skin glow.
Desi is actually a form of clarified butter, which obtained from desi cow milk. Real Ghee is made from Indigenous cow milk by boiling and curdling and churning to obtain cultured butter. Then this un-salted butter shimmers on high flame till it turns to a golden liquid substance, leaving all impurities on the bottom of the pan.
This golden substance is butter oil – which is called Desi Ghee. The described process of making desi ghee is the bilona churned method, where instead of using machines wooden churners are being used to obtain butter and earthen pots are being used to boil the milk, curdle the same, etc.
Ayurveda has described many benefits of Bilona churned Desi Ghee. As ghee prepared by desi cow milk with the Vedic ghee making process is said to have many vitamins and minerals preserved in. Ayurveda has also considered aged desi ghee as the best medicine for various deceases.
Ghee is the clarified ghee which is used as a basic ingredient in the kitchen for cooking. It has a special place in our mind when it comes to the taste and aroma. Did you know ghee is used as a beneficial agent to the skin, hair and many more? It is also used as a beauty product to overcome various beauty related problems.
You might be wondering, how can ghee be superior to the cosmetics you get in the market? How can it cure those beauty problems which modern products cannot? How can I believe it? Should I switch to ghee from the spa treatments? etc. there can be many such questions followed by these questions.
Ghee benefits for face skincare
Desi Ghee is one of the options for you to try if you have scars on your skin. Sometimes when not care, these can become permanent marks.
Remedy with desi ghee is that it’s good for soothing burns – whether it’s kitchen burns from the stovetop or sunburn. Just apply a suitable amount on your skin. Keep reapplying it after you wash your skin. It’s said to promote rapid healing and even prevent a bad burn scar from forming. This will aid in extracting the heat from the wound and the process will relieve the skin. Desi ghee is a good home remedy for skin burns.
For dark circles or black spots; revive dull and lifeless skin by using ghee in your face pack, just before you are off to bed. Applying ghee on face overnight will help to lighten the black spots.
Read More : Natural home remedies to remove dark circles
Makes your skin glow
Ghee purifies the entire system and seals in the natural moisture of the skin. Consequently, the dull, dry skin becomes a healthy and glowing face. Repeat this remedy twice a week to experience amazing skin health benefits of ghee which is to make your skin glow.
7 ways Desi Ghee helps your skincare:
- Moisturizes the skin: Desi ghee has been used as a natural moisturizer for ages. Use half water and half desi ghee, mix well and massage on your skin. Let it sit for 15 min and then wash off with cold water. This will give you Soft and Smooth Skin. You may apply the same on your face, hands, legs. This will plump your skin the next morning and you will feel a little brightness on your face too.
- Hydrate dry skin: Omega 3 fatty acid present in Ghee helps deep hydration and makes even the driest skin soft and smooth. A warm ghee full body massage is an antidote for dry winters. You can use it on navel and lips to get pink lips.
- Brighten skin: Forgetting to brighten skin, use a simple mask of Raw Milk, basen and an equal amount of Ghee apply the mask and keep it for 20-30 minutes and wash off with cold water. You will instantly notice the brightness in your skin.
- Prevent pre-aging signs by slow down the process: Massaging with Ghee beat aging by many years.
- Cures chapped lips: Using a drop of ghee on your lips in the night will lock the moisture and keep your lips soft and pink.
- Brightens up eyes: Dull, tired eyes? No more. Just apply a little ghee under your eyes regularly and get bright, fresh and relaxed eyes within a few days.
- Prevent and cure under eye dark circles: Ghee also helps clear up dark circles. Smear it on your upper eyelids and under your eyes to get rid of that raccoon look.
- Desi ghee for Wrinkles on the face: Here is a simple remedy to reduce the wrinkles by use of ghee. Mix an equal part of ghee and honey as of a half tablespoon. Apply this mixture evenly on the face and leave it for 20 minutes.
After that wash it off with lukewarm water. As both ghee and honey are powerful sources of antioxidants that avoid the risk of skin cancer also. This remedy is beneficial on ageing lines and to get wrinkle-free skin, blemishes the skin.
It is useful in the production and maintains collagen in your skin by preventing wrinkles. And the moisturizing property of both ingredients gives quick results.
- Ghee for even Complexion skin: Ghee is responsible for improving the skin complexion along with its properties. As we discuss the use of ghee for skin lightening and even tone, for this process make a paste of ghee and turmeric and apply evenly on your face, let it be dry completely then wash it off with cold water and gently dab on the skin to make it dry.
Turmeric has antibacterial properties so it will help to remove the toxins from the skin and make light spots. And due to antimicrobial and antiseptic agents helps you to have clearer skin.
- Recover the dull skin: To revive the dull and lifeless skin use a pack of desi ghee on your face. Mix ghee with raw milk and add besan to make a paste. Apply this mixture on your face in rubbing circular motion also, you can apply it on your neck and keep this mask for 20 minutes before washing.
To sum-up, Desi Ghee for skin is that it helps defy time. Massage it into your skin daily and beat aging by many years. A drop of ghee, when rubbed onto dry, chapped lips, will lock in moisture. Leave it overnight and wake up to soft, kiss-worthy lips the next morning.
These treatments with Ghee will give you brighter skin and healthy skincare; but all you need to use Pure Desi Cow Ghee. And repeat the remedies once a week for better results.
The Benefits of Ghee vs Coconut OilCurious about the texture of your ghee?When and how to give ghee to your baby, infant and its health benefits?Ghee – is it friend or foe?