In Ayurveda, ghee is used as a carrier for the nutrients in herbs and to lubricate the intestinal tract and all the tissues inside the body. During an Ayurvedic cleanse, it is used as the preferred vehicle for oleation, a process of ingesting increasing amounts of oil over a series of mornings.
This actually helps pull fat-soluble toxins (the stubborn ones – water-soluble toxins usually flush out with our urine) out of the cells and triggers fat metabolism, a process whereby the body begins to burn its own fat for fuel.
In Ayurveda, taking ghee internally through ingestion and ghee enemas (Ayurvedic oil enemas are referred to as basti) has been done successfully for thousands of years to support intestinal health and function.
Eating cow ghee on empty stomach in Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, a glass of hot water with ghee drinking in the morning on an empty stomach treats the body like Rasa. Rasa is an essential source to provide nutrition for every single cell in the body.
It enhances the process of cell rejuvenation which stimulates the healing process of the body. Rasa is based on 5 elements that form the basics for Ayurveda – space, air, fire, water, and earth.
Rasa has a great impact on skin and hair nourishment. It is highly prioritized in Ayurveda to consume pure desi cow ghee with a glass of hot water in the morning on an empty stomach. The ghee acts as a cleanser, it is one of the most natural ways to cleanse your body or detoxify your body.
Read More : Desi Ghee for Hair Health
How to drink Ghee in the morning?
- Take a spoonful of pure desi cow ghee. Ideally, a teaspoon of ghee is enough.
- Gently heat the spoon which includes the ghee. The ghee will then melt and become liquid.
- Drink the spoonful of ghee with warm water every morning
- Do not eat anything for 30 minutes after drinking this remedy for better effect.
Are you interested to follow the intake of desi cow ghee in your morning routine as well? Give preference to buy only 100% pure grass-fed desi cow ghee. This process affects natural lubrication for the joints and stimulates bone density.
It is useful as a natural moisturizer and enhances the skin to glow from inside. Ghee will include the essential amino acids that help in reducing stomach fat. Ghee will be a remedy for lack of sleep or stress and due to this dark circle found under the eye to remove it, just need to apply ghee lightly around the eyes in a circular motion before bedtime.
Why ghee is chosen as the best oil to cleanse with
Grass-fed Desi Cow Ghee contains an adequate amount of Butyrate (butyric acid in ghee), and butyrate helps in maintaining a healthy colon, which is the reason behind the laxative quality of organic cow ghee. If you are suffering from a sluggish digestive system, one teaspoon of cow ghee in lukewarm water will help you to digest faster your food.
Ghee is filled with high Nutrients
While ghee is one of the highest food sources of butyric acid, it is also packed with:
- A full spectrum of short (SCFA), medium (MCFA) and long chain fatty acids (LCFA), both unsaturated and saturated
- Omega 3 and Omega 9 essential fatty acids
- Vitamins A, D, E and K
- Ghee made from organic butter of pastured cows is one of the highest natural sources of CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) (5)
- 9 phenolic antioxidants
- Numerous other minerals
Read More : Use Ghee As Energy Booster
SCFA’s, like butyric acid in ghee, are used immediately by the body for energy and do not have to be broken down by bile to be digested and utilized, while MCFA’s require minimal digestion and LCFA’s require much digesting by the liver and gallbladder.
Why Do A Ghee Cleanse?
Normally when we think of cleansing, we may think of eliminating oils or fats from our diet. Ayurveda takes a different approach, instructing that we take increasing amounts of melted ghee every morning for a series of days and follow with a no-fat diet.
The benefits of this protocol may have you rethinking your idea of detoxing, as the benefits extend far beyond flushing toxins, although that is certainly a part of it.
As per Vedas, rasa is an essential part that nourishes the entire cell. It also connects all the cells together. Eating ghee also nourishes the cells. It also aids in the process of cell rejuvenation and promotes the healing process of the body.
Regular consumption of ghee first thing in the morning will nourish the cells and rejuvenate your skin properly. Your skin will remain moisturised and supple. Ghee is full of omega-3 fatty acids that prevent osteoporosis.
The tissues in your joints will remain healthy lifelong if you practice drinking warm water with ghee, an empty stomach, first thing in the morning. It is also an ideal way to lower the level of bad cholesterol in your blood.
Benefits of drinking a spoon of ghee with water :-
Here’s a list of the benefits of cleansing with ghee, explained in detail below:
- Flushes old bile from the body.
- Stimulates the liver to make new bile, so 94% of old toxic bile is not re-absorbed.
- Scrubs the intestines of toxins and bad bugs.
- Supports the primary source of energy and immunity for the cells of the gut.
- Supports the health of the beneficial bacteria in the gut who make butyrate.
- Lubricates and softens the hardened tissues of the body.
- Pulls stored fat soluble toxins and molecules of emotion out of the body.
- Encourages fat metabolism and weight loss.
- Supports stable mood and energy levels.
- Supports the body’s natural defense mechanisms against bad bacteria and overgrowth