In India, we cannot live without desi cow ghee, whether it is for adding flavour to delicacies or using it for medicinal purposes. While ghee is considered to have may benefit our overall health, ghee is said to help us lose weight and burn belly fat too.
While using ghee for weight loss, we must keep in mind that desi ghee obtained from grass-fed cow’s milk only comes packed with essential nutrients that promote a healthy body. It is also true that desi ghee is saturated fat and can be unhealthy only if eaten in enormous amounts.
In this article, we tell you why ghee may be a great ingredient for weight loss and belly fat and how one can use it to cut the bulge.
Ghee is rich in fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and E, which help maintain a healthy metabolism and balance your hormones. All of these vitamins are fat-soluble and are necessary for a healthy immune system.
While vitamins A and E are anti-oxidants, D helps your bones to grow stronger and prevents muscle soreness. Vitamin K is essential for blood clotting. If you bleed too much from even a minor cut, you are deficient in Vitamin K.
Desi Cow milk ghee from grass-fed cows contains CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), which helps us to manage our cholesterol and high blood pressure and reduce inflammation, it actually helps our weight management.
Wonder why grandparents always stress taking at least one spoonful of desi ghee every day? That’s because ghee is rich in antioxidants that foster immunity against seasonal allergies. If consumed on a daily basis, ghee can improve focus and concentration levels.
Ghee contains butyrate and essential short-chain fatty acid, which help our body to detoxify.
Desi Cow milk Ghee reduces inflammation in the digestive tract and throughout the body. Ghee helps to create an alkaline system that overall reduces inflammation by reducing the leukotriene secretion and reducing prostaglandin in the body. Additionally, ghee helps to increase gastric acid, aiding inefficient digestion.
Ghee for weight loss
Here are some reasons that make ghee the ideal ingredient for weight. This goes without saying that you must complement it with a healthy diet and exercise or physical activities.
- You may agree, digestion is the key to losing weight. While most vegetable or cooking oils are likely to slow down your body’s digestive system, fats in ghee stimulate it and make it better. So, adding a dash of ghee in your food may not be that bad.
- One of the most important benefits of ghee is that it contains omega-6 fatty acid called conjugated linolenic acid (CLA) that is known to be helpful in modifying the body’s composition and reduce body fat levels, further helping you lose weight.
- Research suggests that ghee helps in mobilizing fat cells to be burnt for energy, further helping you reduce fat mass and increase lean body mass.
- Ghee consists of essential amino acids that help the fat cells to shrink in size.
- Apart from all of this, it comes packed with a range of benefits, ranging from preventing inflammation, which can further help you lose weight.
How to use ghee for weight loss?
Ayurveda suggests having warm milk mixed with a teaspoonful of ghee to manage constipation. Constipation can lead to bloating and weight gain. So, it is best to resort to this home remedy whenever you suffer from constipation. In case of prolonged conditions, do visit a doctor.
Another way to use ghee is to add a teaspoonful of it to your dishes to make them more easily digestible.
Is ghee good for weight loss? Yes, sure. Desi cow ghee which is made from the Vedic process is beneficial for weight loss when consumed in moderate amounts. You can add it to your daily routine by following two ways to get the best results.
Read More : Desi Cow Ghee for Menopause – Women Health
Ghee with milk:
For bloating constipation is a major reason, so if your food digestion is not proper then it creates physical problems like stomach pain, the gas which increases your weight automatically.
Ayurveda said a glass of warm milk with a teaspoon of ghee mixes creates a solution for dealing with constipation. One more thing: add a teaspoon of ghee on top of food for better digestion that aids weight loss.
Ghee with hot water:
Taking a glass of hot water including ghee will show the benefits of weight loss as per many studies. Ayurveda suggests a glass of warm water with a tablespoon of ghee in the morning creates lubrication to joints, making softness to hairs, radiant skin, and glowing.
Read More : Live A Healthy Life With Desi Cow Ghee
It will help you to heal the dryness of your body. Mainly work on the metabolism of the body helps get rid of toxins out of the body and gives the feeling moisturized for the day.
Consumption of ghee is the storehouse of nutrients that is effective on the speed of weight loss in your body, this ghee contains good fats and has other properties required for the body’s growth.
Listed below some of the benefits of ghee on weight loss:
- The short-chain fatty acid in ghee is effective to the speed of digestion in our body. For better and help with weight loss add a teaspoon of ghee to your meals.
- Omega-3 and omega-5 fatty acids contained in ghee helps to reduce fat levels and helps in reshaping your body.
- To exchange energy ghee pushes the stored fat cells in a body to burn, it tends to help in reducing weight faster.
- Ghee is enriched with amino acids which help to reduce the size of fat cells in small size.
A tbsp of ghee is usually found to contain 112 calories. The serving size here is 1 tbsp = 13gm.
A study that was conducted to understand the fatty acid composition in ghee prepared by the 2 methods found ghee or clarified butter to be a good source of DHA or docosahexaenoic acid. DHA is the most popular omega-3 fatty acid.
Omega-3 fatty fats come under essential fats category which needs to be derived from the diet because our body can’t produce it. So the world turned to fish oils, flaxseeds & walnuts. Alas! All weight loss enthusiasts prefer to only see the fat in ghee and not its composition (Omega-3 fatty acids).