As your baby completes 6 months of age, there are a lot of queries about the struggle of what to add to the baby’s diet and what not to feed at the beginning. While some food should be introduced at the right time, certain elements are introduced slowly to your infant’s meal and one such superfood is desi cow ghee.
Ghee is one of the wonderful elements that are not only useful in maintaining his or her health overall but also enhances a child’s brain growth. Hence our motto is to share everything you wanted to know about the best desi ghee for your infants.
What Is A2 Desi Ghee and Its Significance?
A2 Desi Ghee has clarified butter preferred mostly in India, however, the western region is also stamping up to this natural a2 pure ghee because of its supreme health benefits for babies and adults. In India, ghee is helpful not just in cooking or topping foods, but also acts as a medicine for many health issues.
Pure cow ghee also has religious importance in ‘Havan’ and holds a huge cruciality in religious customs. Many people still prefer to make their ghee at home, which includes simmering cow milk cream, and finally, get the clear liquid that remains a brownish residue. Mothers often prefer homemade ghee to reap optimal benefits for feeding their babies.
Nutritional Importance Of Ghee For Babies
Although all other supplements and carbohydrates, proteins, fats, besides that the essential fat we require is Ghee (fat), rich in calorific value, it is packed with Vitamin A, E, and D. Omega-3s & Omega- 9, conjugated linoleic acid, and butyric acid also enriched in ghee.
What are the Health Features of Ghee in Infant’s Food?
There are immense features that provoke ghee is best for babies- we will discuss some of here:
- Enhances digestion tract: Intake of ghee daily for babies is useful to keep digestion healthy, but it also stimulates motion issues in infants and maintains stomach issues for babies. The saturated fatty acids present in desi ghee are easily digestible by the kids.
- Act as an energy booster: Babies require nearly 1500 calories a day for their proper growth and maturing progress. Ghee is an ample source of abundant energy, delivers high values of saturated fatty acids, and offers good energy and stamina.
An adequate level of ghee intake in your kid’s food also encourages them to stay active, So always prefer the pure ghee that is made by traditional methods.
- Brain growth: A baby’s brain starts to develop the most in the first 5 years and that is the time to pay attention to it as well. As desi ghee enriched with Omega 3 fatty acids that help in brain development
- Enhance the metabolism: Ghee acts as a metabolism booster and promotes activeness in a child by avoiding sluggishness or lethargic habits.
- Useful in weight gain for babies: Ghee also promotes healthy weight gain for babies as it is saturated fat. However, only an adequate amount of desi ghee should be fed to babies as too much ghee can also have some adverse impacts.
- Promotes bone health: As ghee is a rich source of vitamin D, it is useful to strengthen the baby’s bones, healthy and strong.
- Suitable for lactose intolerant: Though ghee is made from milk, it doesn’t contain lactic acid content and hence it is a wise choice for lactose-intolerant babies as well.
- Remedy for dry skin: The issue of dry skin in babies can be treated by using ghee, massaging – ghee has been helpful to get relief from dryness since Vedic times.
What Are Other Medicinal Health Advantageous Of Ghee For Babies?
While there are many health benefits of ghee in a baby’s diet, ghee is medicine for health issues, and here are they
- To cure a cold and cough: If the infant is experiencing a severe cold in the seasonal transition, then take two teaspoons of desi cow ghee with 2 cloves of garlic and heat it, until the ghee melts and the garlic cloves turn slightly golden brown.
Allow this remedy to get cool and then massage it with your baby for sore throat. This mixture is also useful to relieve sneezing and it will keep you warm within, get relief from cold and cough.
- Relieve chest congestion: Ghee is also helpful to get relief from chest congestion in babies. For that just heat the ghee and let it cool. Allow it to get cool and massage the child’s chest with it, it offers quick relief from chest congestion in babies.
When to introduce ghee to my baby?
When your baby completes six or eight months, you can add a few drops of pure ghee to his\her diet. After one year you can allow up to one tablespoon a day. And it’s good if you prefer homemade ghee or ghee made by the traditional bilona process. Not only does it promote the taste of food but it is also organic or chemical-free as well.
Can I try ghee for a newborn baby massage?
Yes, you can try ghee for newborn baby massaging as well. The presence of linolenic acid in ghee nourishes skin to be soft and supple.
Massaging with pure ghee to babies has many healthy properties and supports growth and better and faster development. Also, massaging with ghee is useful in promoting babies’ bones to be strong and healthy.
Some other alternatives for massaging a baby use almond oil, coconut oil, and mustard oil. But many mothers believe to use desi cow ghee due to its anti-allergic, anti-inflammable properties.
Read More : 5 Reasons To Use Ghee To Transition Seasons
How Can I Add Ghee to an Infant’s Diet?
There are different methods for introducing the best ghee for your infant’s diet. Here are a few easy ways for you to try, these are tried and tested advice for the way I feed ghee to my baby.
- In the morning, if you want to feed a paratha, roti or upma just add a few drops of pure ghee as a topping to the dish. Ghee is best for your baby as it not only offers a plain simple dish that smells like heaven but will also make the kid fall in love with his or her food because of the enhanced taste.
- In the afternoon, you can either insert a teaspoon of ghee in his or her dal for khichdi or rice topping. But if you are feeding them roti, sabzi, then you can also spread some ghee on the roti.
- Due to the high smoking point, you can use desi ghee for frying, sauteing, baking as well. For instance, if you want to offer an egg- omelet to a baby, then pour a tablespoon of desi ghee into a pan and fry it. It will increase the flavor and will also be rich in essential supplements.
- As ghee for babies promotes digestion you can directly add to smoothies, soups so it will cure an infant’s stomach problem.
Choosing the Finest Ghee for Your Kitchen:
Choosing the best ghee involves considering factors that are purity, aroma, packaging, brand reputation, ingredients, and price. Here are some main tips to help you make an informed choice:
Consider whether you prefer ghee obtained from buffalo milk or cow milk. Cow ghee is well-renowned as the best cow ghee in India, typically exhibiting a rich golden color, while buffalo ghee may appear to be dull or even whitish. Check labels for precise information on ingredients.
High-quality ghee, irrespective of the milk source, should readily melt in a medium-hot pan, converting into a dark brown color. If your ghee fails to demonstrate these characteristics, it might be worth going through further brands to ensure quality.
Ghee obtained from A2 milk, obtained from indigenous cows such as Gir, Sahiwal, and Hallikar, is referred to as A2 ghee. Understanding the distinction among the foreign and indigenous cows, A2 ghee is produced utilizing the conventional Vedic bilona method, sustaining nutrients and medicinal attributes.
Traditional vs. Machinery Practices:
A2 ghee, produced through the bilona method, is a conventional approach, while A1 ghee typically follows modern machinery practices. The bilona strategy sustains a higher percentage of nutrients, making A2 ghee a preferred option for those looking for the utmost nutritional benefits.
By considering these aspects, you can make an informed decision when opting the ghee for your kitchen, assuring you enjoy a product that aligns with your preferences and values.
That is all about the qualities of the best ghee for babies. Ayurveda suggested that ghee contributes to longevity, and prevents the body from various diseases. In addition, ghee is believed to be the best massaging oil for babies.
As it improves absorption of fat-soluble supplements, moisturizes the baby’s skin and strengthens the joints, enhances memory (the DHA connection), and has a lot of other advantages also. Ghee contributes one and all solutions for babies’ development, this is because of antioxidants and essential fatty acids present in it.
But we have to so careful when choosing brands of ghee as a lot of options are available in the market, if you want to use pure desi cow milk ghee from grass-fed cows then you can order it online at https://sureshfoods.com.