Ghee is one such food supplement that our mothers and grandmothers have been feeding us by their delicious dishes. The purpose of giving ghee in the dishes is not just for taste, flavor or aroma. Using ghee in your diet every day is been practiced for many years but few started avoiding the consumption of pure desi ghee due to the various myths they had believed.
Fortunately, people are again aware of the benefits of consuming pure desi ghee due to various researches and studies. Pure desi ghee which is prepared by the Bilona Churned method. The yogurt is churned with wooden churners and hygiene is also given utmost importance.
Now you may be wondering where do we buy this pure desi ghee. You can buy our pure desi ghee at our online store https://sureshfoods.com/.
There are many brands who will provide ghee with different prices and nutritional values. Remember a few necessary aspects before you buy ghee. The aspects are –
- Pure desi ghee does not contain any preservatives as the ghee itself has the significance of bold aroma and higher shelf life when maintained well.
- The cow is not injected with any injections like BST or BGH.
- You will not find any added additives to the ghee. There are many misleads were to brighten up the color of the ghee to yellow color. So, if you are buying ghee made of buffalo milk and yet the color of the ghee is bright yellow, you are cheated!! The ghee made out of buffalo milk has white color due to the presence of colorless Vitamin A.
Even today nothing has changed in few homes when it comes to the use of desi ghee. Some prepare homemade ghee and some have shifted to the glass bottles available at the stores nearby.
The fact that using ghee can never be a complication has remained the same. There are various benefits of using ghee other than cooking. Let us discuss the benefits of ghee in detail so that all your questions will be cleared.
Read our blog- Benefits Of Applying Desi Ghee For Face Overnight
Use of ghee on skin
The ghee made out of pure cow milk has a vast benefit when used over skin. It helps in keeping the skin soft, supple and clear. The fatty acids present in the ghee promote hydration to the skin and thus pays ways to bright and soft skin. If you are worried about dry or tanned skin, then here is an easy method that you can follow regularly by the ingredients present at home.
1. Gram flour
The presence of zinc in gram flour helps in reducing infections which pays way in causing acne. It also helps in controlling the excess sebum production. It is also said that gram flour is a natural hair remover as it reduces the growth of fine facial hair on the face.
2. Turmeric powder
It has an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compound. It also has an anti-aging property.
Ghee is a fat-soluble compound. It has Vitamin A, D, E and K. It also has Omega 6 and 9. It also has an anti-aging property and anti-inflammatory property.
Raw milk is rich in Vitamin A, D, B6, B12, proteins, alpha hydroxy acids, calcium, and other potent antioxidants.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of gram flour depending on your requirements. Add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Add a teaspoon of ghee and mix it well with milk until it attains a not too thick consistency. Apply it over your skin and let it dry for 20-25 mins. Wash it with plain water later. By practicing this home remedy regularly you can get soft and glowing skin day by day.
Read our blog- Is ghee good for acne?
Use ghee for hair
Ghee is a powerful antioxidant that fights against free radicals and promotes cell growth. It is very beneficial for hair as it removes frizziness and makes the hair shiny. Ghee works as a deep nourishing agent for hair and helps to get rid of split ends. Here is an easy home remedy to take care of your hair health.
Ghee Massage is one of the oldest and the most efficient home remedies for hair growth. It plays a functional role in hair growth.
Ingredients (1) –
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek is used as a supplement. It has anti-inflammatory properties with essential nutrients.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in plant polyphenols which promotes hair growth.
- Almond oil: Almond oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids, vitamin E, and magnesium which helps in maintaining shiny and soft hair.
- Ghee: Grind 4 tbsp fenugreek and 4 tbsp sesame seeds and store in a jar. In a separate jar, put ½ cup each of almond oil and desi cow ghee. Combine 1 level tbsp of the ground spices with 1 or 2 tbsp of the mixed oils. Massage into scalp. Leave for 10-20 minutes, and wash out. Use every alternative day.
Ingredients (2) –
- Amla juice
- Almond oil
Combine 1 tbsp amla juice, 1 tsp lime juice, 2 tbsp almond oil, and 2 tbsp desi cow ghee. Massage into the scalp and leave overnight.
This hair growth remedy (Ghee Massage) is one of the best natural conditioners for hair. All you need to take care of is, you should use Pure desi Ghee and always use lukewarm water to wash your hairs, for every time you use Ghee on your hairs. You can order pure desi cow ghee online at https://sureshfoods.com/.
Use of ghee for massage
Usually, ghee is used for infants, babies to create a better bonding between the child and the parent as it is considered as a form of expressing love and care to the little ones. It also has these following factors which act as a benefit to the infant, baby-
- Improves weight gain of the baby.
- It helps in maintaining soft skin as the baby’s skin is delicate and can get rough due to the change in weather conditions.
- Keeps the baby’s heart rate steady.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Improves the hand and leg movements of the baby.
- It helps in maintaining stable brain activity.
- It helps the baby to be calm and less fussy.
- It helps the baby to have a better sleep.
- Massage in the initial days of the infant helps in recovering from jaundice.
Ghee massage is also given in Ayurveda to cure Vata and pitta. Ghee is used for massage to also promote memory, intelligence, improve digestion, quantity, and quality of sexual secretions in adults.
Use of ghee to cure burns and wounds
The ghee helps in pain-relieving, antibacterial, and anti-microbial benefits and serves as a carrier for them.
Use of ghee for medicinal use
Ghee is used for various medicinal use for many centuries. It is used to cure clogged nose, eye-treatment and proper functioning of the parts of the body.
- For Clogged Nose:
When you have a cold with a clogged nose then there is nothing pleasant about it. According to symptoms, your taste sense will be hampered, difficulty in breathing. You are unable to concentrate on things, so headache and exhaustion also happen. Ayurveda has an interesting nasal drop remedy for a soothing clogged nose.
In terms of Ayurveda, it is called Nasya treatment. In this treatment droplets of warm ghee is poured into nostrils. If you are doing this in the morning it provides you quick relief. Via the nostrils, ghee travels into the throat so it helps to soothe and from infections.
- For good intestinal health:
As ghee is the rich source of butyric acid, it picks up health support of intestinal walls. Butyric acid is the source of energy to improve the immunity system.
- For the pregnant women:
Ghee plays a vital role for post-operative agents effective to women after childbirth and after hysterectomy. As ghee possesses healing properties. By combining ghee with honey, the pH of honey is weak in acidic properties. Ghee maintains pain relief from antibacterial and antimicrobial effects.
- Treats Eczema
Ghee is having more than an excellent moisturizer. It is also helpful in the treatment of eczema. If you find that your body is having scaly itchy eczema, then take ghee on your palm and apply it to those patches to keep moisturized. Also adding ghee to the diet helps to reduce inflammation from inside your body and eczema is based on inflammatory skin conditions so use ghee in both ways.
Use of ghee to make a natural perfume:
For moisturizing skiing ghee, we can use it but it is also used as a carrier for the fragrance oil. Add a drop of essential oil into a teaspoon of ghee on your palm and mix it well and dab it behind your ears and knees for a long-lasting fragrance.