Food is good medicine that keeps us healthy and strong, if we consume it properly. The right amount of Vitamins, minerals, proteins, cholesterol, and carbohydrates are required to keep our body healthy. Some food increases your energy, some food may build your body’s strength, and some food boosts your immune system to fight against the foreign body that causes disease. It is important to intake all kinds of food to keep ourselves healthy. Desi ghee is one such food that is enriched with antioxidants, vitamins, and more to keep us healthy and strong.
Desi A2 cow ghee is extracted from the desi cow milk and it is the powerhouse of vitamins and fatty acids. Desi cow ghee boosts your immunity and enhances the overall health of your body and mind. It is known for its medicinal and spiritual value. In ancient days, desi cow ghee is used with medicines to increase the power of treatment.
There was a belief that ghee contains fats and it is not good for health. But recent research by the majority of health experts suggests that the naturally present saturated fats in the A2 cow ghee are good for health.
Nutrition Value of Ghee:
- Ghee is a high-calorie food. 100ml of ghee comprises 883 calories of energy.
- Desi ghee or Grass-fed cow ghee is enriched with antioxidants that keep us healthy by absorbing vitamins and minerals that are essential to your body
- Ghee comprises saturated fat and good cholesterol that helps to keep your energy level consistent.
- Desi ghee is enriched with Vitamin A, D, E, and K. As these Vitamins are essential to keep our body healthy. Consumption of desi ghee helps you keep healthy.
Read more : Desi Cow Ghee: a spoonful of goodness and health
Here are 8 surprising health benefits of desi ghee:
- Build Strong Bones – It is known that milk is rich in calcium that helps to build strong bones. Desi ghee which is prepared by churning the desi cow milk also includes calcium in it. Apart from this desi ghee is rich in Vitamin K especially, Vitamin K2. Vitamin K is essential to utilize essential minerals and calcium from the body. Consumption of desi ghee in the right amount improves bone density and strong teeth. Sahiwal cow ghee keeps joints and connecting tissues lubricated.
- Improves Digestion – Sahiwal cow ghee is enriched with fatty acids known as butyric acid which helps in the metabolism of food effectively by stimulating the digestive enzymes. Natural butyric acid is present only in a few foods which can soothe and heal the digestive tract for better functioning.
- Boosts Immune System – Desi ghee constitutes Vitamin A which helps for the proper functioning of the immune system. Vitamin A is essential for the proper functioning of our body, especially for eye health, and improves our vision. Vitamin A also acts as a powerful antioxidant that may help to prevent certain cancer.
- High Smoking point – High smoking point is an important parameter that is taken into consideration in the cooking oils and ghee. As these when raised to a certain temperature breaks into radicals which is not good for our health. As grass-fed cow ghee has a high smoking point it reduces the health risks that are caused by the free radicals.
- Enhance Energy levels – Experts recommend to athletes that taking the right amount of desi ghee helps them to keep their energy level consistent. The grass-fed cow ghee enriched with fatty acids helps in metabolism and breaks into energy.
- Reduces Inflammation – Butyric acid is one of the fatty acids that are essential for your body not only for digestion but also to fight inflammation, especially in the gastrointestinal tract. It is advised to include desi ghee Crohn’s disease or other inflammatory bowel diseases. Ayurvedic treatments use grass-fed cow ghee for cranky joints. Gently rubbing desi on the joints helps soothe inflammation, lubricate joints, and arthritis stiffness.
- Healthy and Bright Eyes – Vitamin A is essentially important for healthy eyes and bright vision. Desi ghee is enriched with Vitamin A that reduces eye-related health issues. These antioxidants present in the desi ghee reduces the risk of macular degeneration and the development of cataract. The fatty acid in the desi ghee helps our body to absorb the essential vitamins and nutrients from the food.
- Healthy skin – Desi ghee has natural properties that help keep our skin moisturized for a long time. Sahiwal cow ghee easily penetrates into the skin and keeps hydrated, this helps to avoid dry skin, wrinkles, saggy skin, and fine lines. A gentle massage of lukewarm Sahiwal cow ghee on the skin, and leave it for 10 min for absorption and then take shower. Regular massage of cow ghee helps your skin hydrate and glow.
Read more : Benefits Of Applying Desi Ghee For Face Overnight
Desi ghee is known for its spiritual and medicinal value and it is used in ayurvedic treatment to improve your health conditions.
You can cure many diseases and many bad effects on your body like common vision problems can be cured with simple natural remedies.
But always remember that you cannot expect or experience too quick results from them. You need to always be patient enough to follow them regularly.
Using simple traditional and conventional kitchen formulas shall surely satisfy you in the long run. Always consuming a healthy diet loaded with numerous nutrients and vitamins is one of the best keys to improving personal body health in Ayurveda.
Add foods like kale, spinach, corn, papaya, citrus fruits, broccoli, egg yolk, etc. You must also add a good amount of key and essential fats and minerals as well. One of the most essential fats required in daily routine for the body is ghee.
Desi cow ghee is included in your diet to enjoy the various benefits of keeping your body healthy and strong.