Clarify butter or ghee, which is an essential part of Indian cuisine, these days have lost their peace. Many ‘health-conscious’ people rejected to eat butter because they believe that it is an unhealthy practice. But in reality a large number of health benefits are filled with melted butter (Desi Ghee).
Are you not sure? Here’s a doll of melted butter is good for your health. Let me point benefits of ghee as follows:
- Acts as brain tonic: Ghee is good for the nerves and brain. It contains Omega-6 fatty acids and high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids, which is ideal for overall health. In addition, low intake of these acids unmattata and increased the risk of Alzheimer’s. Therefore, includes the regular use of butter in your diet can help your brain work better.
- Prevents cancer: Although ghee is high in saturated fat, it is ideal for cooking Indian food, because it has a high smoke point (i.e. it doesn’t burn very easily). That means, it produces free radicals when hot, which increase your cancer risk. It is also rich in antioxidants which in turn protects from free radical damage to you.
- Aids digestion: Ghee helps in the secretion of stomach acids that aid digestion. Celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Divekar in his series “Indian Food Wisdom and the Art of Eating Right” highlights the fact that some foods such as kshidi , puranpoli, etc. require ghee to digest better.
- Used as a natural moisturiser: Ghee is a good beauty enhancer. If you have chapped lips, drop of ghee on them before going to bed is a good remedy. In Ayurveda, ghee mixed with water by stirring moisturizing agent is used. Ghee can be used before the process is repeated several times. And once made, you use it regularly can store six months.
- Melts stubborn fat: If you have a problem in the areas where fat is accumulated quickly, consider adding melted butter (Desi Ghee) in your diet. Rujuta explains, ‘are essential amino acids in butter which help mobilize fat and fat cells size allowed to be deleted.
- Natural Remedy for: Ghee is also good for people suffering from joint pain. It also improves your memory and vision power powerful antiviral and antifungal properties and it strengthens the immune system.
GHEE – How much is too much?
Ghee is considered to be unhealthy because people don’t know how much is too much, though it has many benefits, eating unhealthy food can only be problems. ‘Learn to draw the line at two to three teaspoons of ghee per day. ‘Also, remember that it is rich in saturated fat and eating too much can increase your cholesterol levels, affecting the heart,’ says nutritionist Neha Chandna.
While eating ghee, you should remember that only pure desi ghee should be used, then only you can truly get benefited from Eating Ghee.